Sunday 28 June 2009

New Project... Just for the Record.

From July, I have decided to do one drawing per week and post it on this blog. I have been neglecting my drawing for so long and it is showing. I intend to do small sketches which shall sometimes contain water colour and, at this stage, I am not too sure what the content will be as I am not going to drawing class, but I do want to put down 'thoughts' on paper. I shall have to get the relevant materials out which is a bit of a pain because I don't have too much space, but if I don't do this, I shall forget. Just for the record....

Looking back on previous posts, I am somewhat annoyed. There it is; evidence of challenges, unfinished and undistinguished. I ran out of time for both the Wig and Diana challenges, and apart from the fact that I absolutely do have a time problem because I can only draw and paint at nights and on the weekends, I am also guilty of not practicing my drawing and, because of that, I am working a lot slower than I need to. This has got to stop; a simple 'quickie' here and there all adds up to that magical figure of 10,000 hours to get mastery at something. I'll talk about the '10,000 hours' in a future post. The thought of it is too overwhelming at present.

However, I am in one way relieved that this blog is a sort of 'documentation' of the blog challenges I enter, finished or unfinished. I can use those ideas for future challenges,which might not have been at all possible had I thrown these works in the trash. See?

No comments: